I am a furniture and interior designer with a B. Interior Design (1st hons, UTS), focusing on concept development, and a B. Arts (International Studies, UTS) as well as a Cert III in Contemporary Upholstery Production (TAFE SwSi)
My practice places strong emphasis on experimentation, prototyping and local production. Both my study and subsequent experience in the Australian furnishing Industry have supplied a solid grounding in contemporary and traditional theory and practice, and provided inspiration to further explore and develop new techniques in production and execution.
Over time the studio has evolved from producing unrestrained, bespoke art-as-furniture, to the current development of a signature collection of customisable designs which refine my enthusiasm for colour, character and texture through a process that respects and minimizes material consumption from cradle to grave.
The studio has worked on private commissions for high end residential clients and small bars in Sydney, designing and producing bespoke seating solutions from ottomans through to custom joinery, working closely other trades and craftspeople.
- VIVID Sydney (Factory Design District)
- Sydney InDesign
- Local Objects – Gaffa Gallery, Sydney
- Nannageddon – He Made She Made, Sydney
- The Second Coming – He Made She Made, Sydney
- Meet Made – He Made She Made, Sydney
- HomeGrown – COFA SPACE, Sydney
- Re*Volution Exhibition with Bricolage – Junktique Emporium, Sydney
- Bespoke – ABC TV September 2015
- The Stuff of Dreams – Spectrum, Sydney Morning Herald 22nd March 2014 read it online
- Maaike Makes – Green (Winter edition)
- He Made She Made – Green (autumn edition)
- Here We Are – Inside (issue 71)
- Nannageddon at He Made She Made – In Design Live
- He Made She Made, Sydney’s Concept Gallery – In Design Live
- Maaike Pullar – Furniture Resurrection – Desktopmag.com.au