The fine print is definitely not the most fun part of our workshops, but it is essential you’ve read them before you sign up. We’ll try to keep it short and sweet!
Upholstery is a beautiful, mindful, creative and fulfilling trade that can also be sweaty, demanding, messy, and tough on your hands.
It is not suitable for students under the age of 17 years, nor for students who with advanced arthritis or other conditions which cause difficulty gripping tools and straining textiles. If you are at all uncertain, please contact Maaike to discuss BEFORE BOOKING. firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise notified by you, studioMAAIKE, furnish.ed and third party hosts reserve the right to photograph class and projects in progress and upon completion. Photographs will be used in advertising and social media at the photographer’s discretion.
Enrollment, Cancellations and transfers
Classes are limited to give students the best possible experience, but it does have several implications.
- Places cannot be reserved or held without payment in full
- Enrollments are non refundable
- Enrollments are not transferable to other dates or workshops
- We encourage you to transfer your enrollment to a friend or family member
- Don’t forget to let us know their name and contact details as soon as possible.
By accepting a place in any workshop offered by studioMAAIKE or furnish.ed you agree to the followin
- You will not record voice or film of our workshop. Still photography is allowed for personal reference.
- Students must exercise consideration when taking photographs – ask others for permission if they are in shot, avoid obstructing other’s view during demonstrations.
- Students do receive a booklet of notes including diagrams of the more important techniques demonstrated on the day.
- You will not replicate, reproduce or distribute any element of a class in part or in full. This includes but is not limited to – Complete Step-by-Step photo essays on social media, how-to/make-along blog posts, replicating our curriculum and projects in your own teaching and workshops.
- Of course we love you to instagram us (@furnished @studioMAAIKE) with your one-off process shots, and your finished projects in store and at home!
- You will not replicate, reproduce or distribute projects and designs from any workshop in a for-profit capacity. Please respect our livelihood – our designs and intellectual property. Use your newfound skills to design, renovate and create your own upholstered pieces for yourself, your family or retail.
- You agree to notify studioMAAIKE, furnish.ed and any third party hosts if you do not wish to be photographed. Unless otherwise notified by you, studioMAAIKE, furnish.ed and third party hosts reserve the right to photograph class and projects in progress and upon completion. Photographs will be used in advertising and social media at the photographer’s discretion.